Presentation by Dillon Consulting Circular Foods Assessment Summary View the Workshop Summary Circular Food Assessment Report
Date: July 18th, 2023, 1:00 to 4:00 pm AST.
Businesses, local governments, and community leaders involved in Nova Scotia's food system are invited to a virtual workshop on the state of food waste in Nova Scotia and opportunities for circular interventions. Workshop participants are invited to test, shape, and advance solutions that best work for their local context, and transform an emerging shared circular vision into action.
This workshop will:
- Identify food loss and waste hot spots in Nova Scotia based on new waste flow analysis
- Gather feedback on circular solutions recommended for Nova Scotia
- Invite suggestions for solutions to pilot and test
- Feature Nova Scotian circular innovators
- Dr. Greg Wanger, Founder and CEO, Oberland Agriscience Inc.
- Sarah MacDonald, Executive Director, Farm to Feast Café
- David Messer, Executive Director, City of Guelph Smart Cities Office
Learn more about our speakers
This is the second workshop for
Circular Food Hubs: Mainland Nova Scotia, a collaborative project focused on place-based circular food hubs, food loss and waste prevention, and the evolution of a Canada-wide peer network of food system change agents. Explore the
summary report of the first workshop, Supporting Circular Food Systems in Nova Scotia. Please
share your feedback on the initial Nova Scotia Circular Food Hubs Vision.